At Industrial Door Systems of Houston, TX, we have made it our mission to work with our valued customers to help them create safe and productive work environments, and with our large team of local door solution experts, we’ve been proudly doing so for the past twenty years.
Knowledgeable, qualified and with so much experience in the industry, we work with you to find solutions that best match your specific requirements, no matter how demanding they may be. Not only do we supply a fantastic and extensive selection of door and dock solutions, but we also help with repairs and follow up on the installation of every single product with yearly maintenance visits to ensure your equipment is performing at its best for you, at all times.
We are anything but a one-size-fits-all company, in fact we specialize in offering a range of affordable, customized solutions to ensure that whatever you need, we can fix you up with. Whether commercial or industrial, we have a solution that will fit your requirements and your budget, and along with our commitment to customer satisfaction, we believe our service is unbeatable.
Below is just a small selection of the products we are currently offering:
- Dock and door
- Sectional door
- Rolling door
- Pedestrian door
- Fire rated door
- Vertical sliding fire door
- Horizontal sliding fire door
- Bumper impact door
- Insect door
- Telescoping door
- Aluminum glass
- Store front door
- Counter shutter
- Security shutter
- Insulated door
- Wind loaded door
- Rolling steel/overhead door
Among the many and varied door and dock products we currently sell, install and repair are dock levelers.
What is a dock leveler?
Usually mounted to the face of the dock or recessed into a pit at a loading dock door, a dock leveler is a piece of equipment that allows for the safe and unobstructed movement of industrial vehicles between a building and a transport vehicle. Below are some of the common terms and definitions to look out for when talking about dock levelers:
- Activation system – these provide the motion power of the dock leveler and can be mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic.
- Attachments – these can be added to a fork truck for better handling of a load, and include clamps, slip sheet forks and carpet poles.
- Bumpers – usually made of rubber, these help to prevent vehicles from contacting and damaging the building, dock leveler or vehicle restraint.
- Capacity – this refers to the rating of the load that the manufacturer of the dock leveler has deemed to be appropriate for the design, and is based upon such considerations as the characteristics of the users’ application.
- Deck – this is the major structural element that gets driven over, and most have some type of anti-skid surface to provide traction at the various working angles.
- Dock –an area of a building where transport vehicles are taken to load and unload.
- Dock level – the vertical level that conforms to the floor surface of the building.
- Dock pit – typically lined with structural steel angles embedded in the concrete, the dock pit is the recessed opening in the floor of the building that accommodates the pit dock leveler.
Our dock levelers:
Built to last and offer you durability and dependability, our dock levelers have a number of important features, as you can see listed below:
- Made from heavy-duty, corrosion resistant steel.
- Vehicles can be safely loaded and unloaded thanks to the electronic hydraulic system that moves the platform to the highest position and then automatically extends the hinged lip.
- For dock movement and lip movement, and a safer, sturdier operation, separate hydraulic cylinders are provided.
- To prevent accidents from hydraulic hoses or leakages, they’re integrated with a safety valve.
- Can be integrated with existing shutters, sectional doors and other accessories.
- Fixed rubber bumpers at the front side to prevent damage to the dock leveler.
- Edge style manual levelers are installed on the exterior face for low weight pallet movements
- Cantilever type levelers can be provided to adjust existing installation of pit size
- In the event of a power outage, the leveler remains in the same position.
Dock levelers are an important element of any busy dock, and while we supply and install a fantastic range of high-quality dock levelers, we know that they can also malfunction from time to time, or become damaged. Thankfully, you can count on us to help you get your dock back on track with our emergency 24/7 repair service, and our expert technicians will swiftly and professionally, locate the problem and fix it on site to ensure minimum production time is lost.
We also provide a comprehensive maintenance service, and can review and assess your dock leveler at regular periods to ensure that not only is it working as it should, but that it continues to do so for many years to come.
Some of the benefits of our commercial and industrial installations service are as follows:
- We work swiftly, but professionally when carrying out installations
- Our team consists entirely of our own employees; we never use sub-contractors
- Every installation is carried out by our most experienced technicians
- We can carry out jobs of any size and level of complexity
- Our services are all at extremely competitive prices
Our values and work ethics:
Our values and work ethics are extremely important to us, and our aim is to always provide our customers with an outstanding, unbeatable service that they can rely upon. It doesn’t matter the size of the task, how urgently it’s required or how complex the requirement may be, we are here for you whenever you need us, and can help you whatever your needs may be.
Here at Industrial Door Solutions, we know that without you, our valued and loyal customers, we are nothing, and we simply wouldn’t be the successful and innovative company that we are today, without you all. We value you just as much as we value our business, and are as passionate about our work as we are about providing the ultimate customer experience.
Extremely knowledgeable within our field, we believe it’s our duty to share that knowledge with you, and to enable you to gain from our wealth of experience and the many qualifications we’ve and skills we’ve gained during our two decades of service in Houston and beyond.
Using only the highest quality materials, and with all team members undergoing frequent skills and knowledge assessments, we are constantly doing everything within our power to remain the company of choice for our existing, loyal customers, and are routinely excited and keen to begin serving more new customers than ever before.
So, for all your door and dock needs, including our dock levelers, make us your company of choice and we promise we will never disappoint you.
Give us a Call now Phone: (832)736-7699 We are available 24/7 365 days day or night.